History of the Castle Courtyard Černousy
The castle with a large farm courtyard and an office building was built in the year 1793 by Count Filip Josef Clam-Gallas as an administration seat of the northern part of the Frýdlant Manor. The owners lived here only briefly and sporadically, the last time being 1838. From 1886 to World War II, the German Mountain Association for Ještěd and the Jizera Mountains organized boys camps here.
After the end of the war in 1945, the castle and the courtyard were administered by a state farm, which led to the demolition of the castle in 1984 and the decay of the other buildings. All this despite the fact that since 1958 the estate has been declared as cultural monument. The decay of buildings continued even after 1989, as the then-owner was unable to finance the necessary reconstruction.
In September 2009, the FKP Frýdlant, s.r.o. company bought the area of the indebted farm and immediately commenced reconstruction work. In one of the two granaries which represents one the most remarkable buildings of the Castle Courtyard, an indoor riding hall was built, while the second granary now serves as multifunctional hall. It was even declared the Monument of the Liberec Region in 2015. The former cow house now serves as stables and facilities for riders. At the moment, the reconstruction of cellars is underway where a cozy wine bar should be located in the near future. On the place where the former administrative building which could not be saved due to the long-term decay, there is now a hotel which by its character, fits well into the concept of the historical estate.
The history of the village of Černousy
The oldest written record that mentions the village is from 1385 where a local nobleman named Heyneck of Černousy appears. For many years, the village was owned by various rural nobility – successively by the Houses of Rackwitz, Kottwitz, Gersdorf, Miltitz and Shweinichen. During the years 1663-1664, the estate was bought by the House of Gallas. At that time, after the Thirty Years‘ War which devastated Czech lands, lived 39 people in the village. The village was stuck by a disastrous fire in 1671 and a Counter-Reformation action in 1677, when the missionaries and soldiers imprisoned the villagers. Although the inhabitants converted to the Catholic church, they fled to nearby Lusatia after eight days.
In spite of these difficulties, the village recovered and in 1790, a total of 32 homesteads were registered there whose inhabitants mostly worked at the Clam-Gallas estate.
During these times, Černousy which did not have church or school which was overshadowed by the nearby village of Ves. This changed only in the last quarter of the 19th century when a railway station was opened in Černousy as the last Czech station of the railway connecting Frýdlant and Görlitz. It soon became transportation center for the nearby area. Due to the railway, the wood processing industry expanded rapidly. International transit peaked in 1950. At that time, freight trains passed the village every two hours. On September 1, 1990, Černousy became independent after its ten-year merger with Višňová, as settlements of Ves and Boleslav remained part of Černousy.